Sunday, October 5, 2008

Walgreens


I've been giving a lot of thought to why I can't get a handle on shopping at Walgreens and I think I've finally figured it out. I don't like the layout of their flier. It's got too much stuff going on. I definitely don't like that they have so many coupons that you have to cut out either. I spend enough time cutting out manufacturer coupons and I don't want yet another chore to do. Now that I've realized
this, I think I may have a solution. For my first trip there I think I'm going to follow someone else's scenario. That way I can avoid the flier and just cut the specific coupons that I need. I'm going to keep an eye on their hot deals page and next time they have a $5.00 off coupon I'm going to make the leap.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Liz,
I've actually started going to Walgreens more than CVS. It took a while to "get it" but after reading a few blogs, I figured it out. I've been taking advantage of their $$/$$$ coupons these past couple weeks and I've racked up some very good deals. Right now I'm waiting on a gift card for the rebates totaling over $45.00. Sweet!
This past week they had the St Ives Elements on sale... I had BOGO coupons plus the cashier gave me another Q to use... It was a great deal and I use these stuff and love it.

Kim said...

Liz,

I agree with you about Walgreens. There are so many different ways to save money, but you have to really "study" before you go. You have to coordinate mail in rebates, easy saver coupons, weekly ad coupons, register rewards that expire after only about a week, etc). It's worth it if you can get $20 worth together to use on the good $x/$xx coupon AND if you have a favorite cashier like I do. I think CVS is much more fun and friendly about coupons and ECBs!