Thursday, September 4, 2008

Target


I will also be keeping a close eye on Target's clearance. They started the back to school stuff on clearance and it's 30% off. I will get a few key items at 50% off, keeping my receipt close in case I can get it cheaper. Then I will buy it for the better price and return the old one (Target will not give price reductions on clearance merchandise). I will stock up at 75% off and buy anything I think my kids will use at 90% off. I've done this for the past few years, then store the stuff inside backpacks (the ones I just got really cheap for next year) in the closet. They really don't take up too much space and I save hundreds of dollars that way (with 3 kids the back packs alone would cost me a fortune if I paid full price). The also had a huge amount of items throughout the store at 30%, which they will hopefully mark down at the same rate as the school supplies.


This trip I bought two champion shirts, one is a water shirt for my son to wear at the beach/pool. I paid $2.48 and the original price was $10. The other is for my husband for work. He's a physical education teacher and is outside all day long in the Florida heat so the duo/dry ventilation shirts are awesome for him. I paid $3.74 and they are usually $15.00. This was the only one left, otherwise I would have bought them all for this price. I got 10 blank cards for $1.24. I also bought 3 crates that were on clearance for $1.74 each down from $3.50. I am organizing my son's room, so I'll post about that next.

No comments: