Thursday, September 4, 2008

Publix, again.


This is why I hate when my grocery shopping gets off track. I had an extra shopping trip last week (because of great deals and Labor Day weekend) so I hit Publix Monday with a short list based on sales. Unfortunately, I forgot to check on what we needed and we ran out of milk & bread. My own fault, we are usually a cheerios & mini wheat family, I should have known my kids would go crazy for the sugar cereals and eat it every day. Yes I do realize that I bought more, but it was such a deal I couldn't help myself. Besides, my three kids and hubby (he'll eat it more then the kids) will finish it off in no time and we'll be back to normal (at least until the next great sale!).
Kellogg's cereal BOGO (2 boxes) $3.89 for 2 - $1.00 off coupon = $1.45 each
Kellogg's cereal BOGO (2 boxes) $3.89 for 2 - $1.00 off coupon = $1.45 each
Wishbone dressing BOGO (2 bottles) $2.69 for 2 - $1.00 coupon = $ .85 each
Milk $3.79
Bread $ .89
My total was $12.15 for $25.88 worth of groceries. I saved $13.73.

No comments: