Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kohl's


O.K., so I don't always practice what I preach (stay out of the stores so you are not tempted to spend money). When Kohl's has stuff on clearance, it is cheaper then buying at the consignment shops. Right now they have a lot of their summer stuff on clearance for 60%-90% off.
I went in looking for a little something to send one of my cousins who just had a boy, and hit the jackpot. I know they don't always have the same items in every store, but the amount of baby stuff (up to 4T) that they had on clearance at mine was amazing. Actually they had so much on clearance that I left without checking out most of the store, for fear of what I might discover. Here's what I got (what I paid followed by (retail value)):
Navy & red skort $1.50 ($15.00)
High School Musical shirt $3.60 ($18.00)
Union Bay shirt (adult) $2.40 ($24.00)
2 pair boys jumping beans shorts $2.40 ($12.00) each (1 gray/1 black)
2 pair Carter's pants $1.00 ($10.00) each (both blue)
Carter's 3 piece layette set - hat, outfit, blanket $4.00 (20.00)
3 piece swim set - swim shirt, tank top, swim trunks $2.60 ($26.00)

My total with tax was $22.26 for $147.00 worth of clothes. That is over $124.74 in savings, which averages to 85% off!
I asked my cashier if they had any promos right now and he said they have a pick a day coupon out. I haven't received mine yet (you have to sign up for a Kohl's card to be mailed these great coupons), but they said to just bring it in with my receipt and they will credit me the difference.
Just think of how much more I could save with that coupon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Deals. I went to my store in NJ & they had boys bathing suits for $3.60. I stocked up for next year. Thanks for the tip!