Monday, August 4, 2008

Good News & Bad News



The good news is that I got some great deals at Publix this week. The bad news is that Publix gave me a hard time about my coupons and it looks like that's how it's going to be from now on. Besides the fact that my cashier counted each coupon very carefully, (comparing it to the correct item as she rang me up and putting them in a separate pile), as the line got longer and longer behind me (there was only 1 lane open), they would not let me use 2 coupons on their BOGOs of the week. In other word even though I was buying 2 items and had 2 valid coupons they would only accept one coupon, because they were on sale buy one get one free. To make a long, unpleasant story short after being treated like a low class citizen (I pleasantly requested more then once that they just void my order if they couldn't honor the coupons since my whole shopping trip was based on them, but they didn't want to do that) the manager begrudgingly gave me credit for my coupons, along with a nice lecture on Publix's coupon policies. Apparently they are getting flack from the manufacturers when they turn in the coupons since the manufacturers are already giving Publix credit for sales and buy one get ones.
Has anyone else run into any problems like this? Let me know if you have!
I've never had a problem with Publix taking coupons before, and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do about shopping there.


Here's this weeks scoop, I listed the coupons I had and the prices BEFORE coupons:

Publix white bread $1.15

Frosted Cheerios (.75 coup.) 3.99 BOGO

Frosted Cheerios (.75 coup.)

Kellogg's frosted mini wheats ($1.00 off 2) $4.29 BOGO

Kellogg's frosted mini wheats

Barilla Pasta (.50 off 2) $1.39 BOGO

Barilla Pasta

Barilla Pasta (.50 off 2) $1.39 BOGO

Barilla Pasta

Barilla Pasta (.50 off 2) $1.39 BOGO

Barilla Pasta

Kellogg's pop tarts ($1.00 off 2) $2.19 BOGO

Kellogg's pop tarts

Kellogg's pop tarts ($1.00 off 2) $2.19 BOGO

Kellogg's pop tarts

Fast Fixin burgers ($1.00 off) $5.99 BOGO

Fast Fixin burgers ($1.00 off)

Stouffers pizza $3.19 BOGO

Stouffers pizza

deli cold cuts $4.25

deli cold cuts $3.63

Polly O string cheese ($1.00 off) 3.99

baby carrots $1.29

Eggos ($1.00 off 2) $2.19 BOGO

Eggos

Eggos ($1.00 off 2) $2.19

Eggos

Betty Crocker Brownies ($1.00 off 2) $2.67 BOGO

Betty Crocker Brownies

Birds Eye Voila ($1.00 off) $4.69 BOGO

Birds Eye Voila

Eggs 18 $2.53



My total was $36.13 and I took home $92.70 worth of groceries. That is not counting some of the items that were on sale in addition to the BOGO ( I forgot to write them down and now I'm not positive on the $) I also used a $5.00 off $30.00 purchase that Publix sent me.
I'm not finished yet, Sunday's paper had a rebate. If you buy 10 participating Kellogg's items you can send in a rebate for $10.00! So once I get that back my total will have been $26.55 ($26.13 +.42 for a stamp) for $92.70 of groceries.

No comments: